New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2011 :  10:16:32  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The official mission for Sunday 16 October will be flown in BMS 4.32.

Currently there are 11 seats taken but there are 16 pilot seats available and 1 AWACS (which will go to Lumper if he is available). Please sign up on the ATO if are going to take part.

If you haven't installed BMS yet you can find all of the details and files you need here

From the MP testing we've conducted so far, we've found that it is critical that the MP SOPs are very closely followed or the experience can be ruined for everyone. You can find details of the 185th SOP here.

The mission will require a ramp start. There are some startup differences between BMS and AF so members are strongly advised to practice this before next Sunday. You can find links to BMS check lists and other other stuff here.

We'll need someone who can host with approximately a 5500kbs upload speed. Anyone have a connection that can manage this who will be available?

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2011 :  09:55:39  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will be running a BMS training session on Wednesday 12 October from 2000UK. Aim will be to cover some of the key differences between AF and BMS but can tailor the training depending on who is taking part. Please sign up on the ATO.

This session will include a ramp start.

Go to Top of Page

tiag

1417 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2011 :  12:42:30  Show Profile Send tiag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put a server together.

Download at least 150Mbs
Upload at least 30Mbs.
Windows 7, i3 3GHz, 8 Gb RAM, GeForce210, running in my office at the University.

Did some tests yesterday evening and I could manage the server without any problem from my home with a laptop while flying with my PC at home. No issues. Still have to test with those guys very far away like Israel, GB and Sweeden.

Need people to test it with me tomorrow night (Thursday). I cannot other day this week. Sorry. Check ATO.

Tiag
Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2011 :  14:16:20  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although the ATO is full for tonight, Wednesday 12 October, (total of 6), there are 8 seats in the TE. Crowebar will be joining us making 7, does anyone else want to take the final seat?

Go to Top of Page

Floyd

Germany
1357 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2011 :  15:07:20  Show Profile Send Floyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@tiag:
quote:

I could manage the server without any problem from my home with a laptop

what program/operating system do you run on the server/client to manage the PC?
Go to Top of Page

Dmans1

Greece
260 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2011 :  08:44:29  Show Profile Send Dmans1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vosene

Will be running a BMS training session on Wednesday 12 October from 2000UK. Aim will be to cover some of the key differences between AF and BMS but can tailor the training depending on who is taking part. Please sign up on the ATO.

This session will include a ramp start.

Fantastic experience i should say. I won't hide it, i joined the MP a bit biased, from my previous catastrophic online experiences with OF,FF, but in the end, it was an AF quality MP experience with no hickups at all.

Goodbye AF, hello BMS.

Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2011 :  13:14:31  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks to everyone who flew. We had 9 members last night and MP was flawless.

A great experience.

For those of you who can make it tonight, Thursday 13 October, Tiag will be testing the server we may be using for the flight on Sunday. It will also be another opportunity to fly a mission in BMS.

Go to Top of Page

tiag

1417 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2011 :  19:02:23  Show Profile Send tiag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got earlier at home. On TS from now on.
Go to Top of Page

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4862 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2011 :  19:24:23  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I echo Dmans's sentiments there. It was a really good flight that was a new challenge in planning and flying. If this carries on then AF may well be taking a back seat.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday and what the first official BMS mission will throw at us.

Just make sure your stick is programmed for trim and DMS on top of your usual fare.

Go to Top of Page

tiag

1417 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2011 :  22:44:44  Show Profile Send tiag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Floyd: Teamviewer.
All windows 7.

BTW, the test of the server with 8 pilots and one human awacs tonight was crap. Warps and lot of issues.

Two possibilities:
1) The server is **** (which I canīt understand the reason).
2) Someone forgot to put the bandwidth correctly and the cnx got crazy.

Tiag
Go to Top of Page

Reds

UNITED KINGDOM
1058 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2011 :  23:58:41  Show Profile Send Reds a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tiag , although we had problems tonight i think it went well . There are some issues to sort out but looking at the hardware of the server you've got , as you say it could well be bandwidth errors . We're getting there with BMS and this is the reason we do testing .

Go to Top of Page

Hitman

UNITED KINGDOM
157 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2011 :  15:30:01  Show Profile Send Hitman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys .... have spent the whole morning tryig to optimise my drivers to improve my FPS rate on BMS 4.32 - with ZERO success ....

Problem is .... I am not allowed to update my drivers directly from NVidia and have to go through Sony for the update ... and they have not got the latest updates for my Video card ....

have been in contact with SOny for this .... to cut a long story short ...

for me to enjoy BMS 4.32 with you all, I have to:

1- Get a new machine

2- Wait for SOny to get back to me on my request to upgrade my drivers

So am unable to join you tonight for the BMS session

Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one ever collided with the sky.

Go to Top of Page

Sabre

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2011 :  19:03:18  Show Profile  Visit Sabre's Homepage  Send Sabre an ICQ Message Send Sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hitman, I am confused Sony are not Apple you can do what you like with your machine and drivers or have Sony done something recently I am not aware of.

Sabre was here
Go to Top of Page

Elmo

UNITED KINGDOM
238 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2011 :  19:23:38  Show Profile Send Elmo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hitman I had the same problem as I have a Sony laptop as well, you need a special .INF file which I have and then it will allow you to install the latest drivers.
Go to Top of Page

Hitman

UNITED KINGDOM
157 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2011 :  20:47:24  Show Profile Send Hitman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elmo .... thanks for your email ---> just saw it ... will give it a go after I get back from work tomorrow. Thanks again for your help on this.

Sabre .... Sony have done this to all their products now, basically if you buy one of theirs, you can't update any of the hardware drivers unless you go through Sony ... !!!!

Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one ever collided with the sky.

Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2011 :  10:31:22  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I missed the debrief due to getting a BSoD every couple of minutes that forced me to shutdown my computer.

Please provide me with your feed back on the BMS Sunday mission below.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000