on 29 March 2024
 All Forums
 Members - General
 185th News and Events - PUBLIC
 185th BMS MP Mission - Sunday 16 October

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Hyperlink to Other TopicInsert Hyperlink to 185th VFS Member Profile Insert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

Smilies
alien [:-alien] Angry [:(!] Approve [^] banghead [:-banghea
Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)] Blush [:I] burn Out [---o]
Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(] Disapprove [V]
Drink [:-o-o-:] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] goodnight [+O]
Happy_Spin [:-hspin] Head Scratch [scratch] Help [help] Hi [hi]
Kisses [:X] Music Band 2 [band2] Oops [oops] Phone [phone]
Popcorn [pop] Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O]
Shy [8)] Sleep [___0] Sleeping [Zzz] Sleepy [|)]
Smile [:)] smoker [,O] SoapBox [box] Tongue [:P]
Wink [;)]      

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert an Image File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vosene Posted - 09 Oct 2011 : 10:16:32
The official mission for Sunday 16 October will be flown in BMS 4.32.

Currently there are 11 seats taken but there are 16 pilot seats available and 1 AWACS (which will go to Lumper if he is available). Please sign up on the ATO if are going to take part.

If you haven't installed BMS yet you can find all of the details and files you need here

From the MP testing we've conducted so far, we've found that it is critical that the MP SOPs are very closely followed or the experience can be ruined for everyone. You can find details of the 185th SOP here.

The mission will require a ramp start. There are some startup differences between BMS and AF so members are strongly advised to practice this before next Sunday. You can find links to BMS check lists and other other stuff here.

We'll need someone who can host with approximately a 5500kbs upload speed. Anyone have a connection that can manage this who will be available?

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Reds Posted - 20 Oct 2011 : 18:36:54
I've been testing the weapons delivery planner for BMS, it adds all the sam sites for you automatically , which will save planning time on a sunday , lots of other nice goodies also . Very nice tool .
As a reference to Novacs issues on planning time this could be a solution , its a bit lazy i know but i've been flying offline alot and adding the sams is a bit monotinous now and you can fully plan a mission with the wdp much quicker and with the same features . It might conflict with our Sunday TE but its worth looking at i think .

tiag Posted - 20 Oct 2011 : 17:05:11
Next BMS mission I will save your time with the DTE. I did not have the time to do it last time, due to RL commitments.

Tiag
Crowebar Posted - 20 Oct 2011 : 12:29:49
Hi Novac Found this in the BMS manual, page 13 under DTE operation. So we the TE builder can put the threat circles on when building TE.

After building a TE and saving it, the pilot exits back to the main UI, and reenters the TE like he was going to fly. He stops the clock and then builds any Target steerpoints, Preplanned threats and LINES (as described below) he wishes for the mission to have as defaults. After building the points, he opens up the DTC and hits the Save button. This will store those values into the TEmissionname.ini file

Vosene Posted - 18 Oct 2011 : 18:47:21
Will be great to see you online PJC.

TS3 TS details are here - http://www.185th.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3712

PJC Posted - 18 Oct 2011 : 11:34:47
Seems you guys are moving in the direction of BMS adoption although I apppreciate no formal decision has been made.

I have dusted off the old Saitek and have been practising off line with a custom made DirectX call back profile. So far offline I like it very much and I am fortunate it seems to run ok on my machine.

My personal schedule still does not allow me to make Sundays unfortunately but I would like to fly online again with the squad during the week from 20.30 UK onwards. Could someone PM me the current TS details so I might join in some flights during the week and help get back up to speed. It has been a long time and I am frustratingly crap atm but relearning all the time.
Novac Posted - 17 Oct 2011 : 21:48:46
The 1st BMS TE night was a positive experience for me.

But we did have 1 or 2 problems.

1. Griffin warping across the HSD at warp factor 9 (Observed by all members of our flight)

2. For me, no launch warnings of SA5 despite several missiles being fired at me. (Tried the same TE offline tonight and got launch warnings!)

Other that AFAIK we could all see the same threats etc.

The pre-flight briefing/planning requires a lot of data to be entered into the "data cartridge" We had to manually add 12 threat circles for the AAA & SAMs + add 7 Pre planed stp's for the SAM's we intended to attack, and discus who was attacking what. (mixture of HARM's & MAV's)
We were just on the final part when "Flight Leads call ready" was announced after 20mins.
This was before discussing A2A tactics!
OK, This was our 1st time at planning with BMS and it will become faster.

So for ME only 2 negative/questionable points regarding MP.

I'd like to think BMS can replace AF
But more 12+ ship testing required I think.

Dmans1 Posted - 17 Oct 2011 : 10:48:02
With the exception of Tiags getting blown out of the sky for no reason, it was an excellent experience. No warps, good datalink/radar/RWR spots, and the mirage... love at first sight :)

My online experience is limited with BMS but it seems like it is an all or nothing case. Either everything will work flawless, or everyone will have issues. At least it is very easy to identify them when entering cockpit so ppl can quickly back out and give it another try.

+1 from me for last night.

Vosene Posted - 17 Oct 2011 : 10:31:22
Unfortunately I missed the debrief due to getting a BSoD every couple of minutes that forced me to shutdown my computer.

Please provide me with your feed back on the BMS Sunday mission below.

Hitman Posted - 16 Oct 2011 : 20:47:24
Elmo .... thanks for your email ---> just saw it ... will give it a go after I get back from work tomorrow. Thanks again for your help on this.

Sabre .... Sony have done this to all their products now, basically if you buy one of theirs, you can't update any of the hardware drivers unless you go through Sony ... !!!!

Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one ever collided with the sky.

Elmo Posted - 16 Oct 2011 : 19:23:38
Hitman I had the same problem as I have a Sony laptop as well, you need a special .INF file which I have and then it will allow you to install the latest drivers.
Sabre Posted - 16 Oct 2011 : 19:03:18
Hitman, I am confused Sony are not Apple you can do what you like with your machine and drivers or have Sony done something recently I am not aware of.

Sabre was here
Hitman Posted - 16 Oct 2011 : 15:30:01
Guys .... have spent the whole morning tryig to optimise my drivers to improve my FPS rate on BMS 4.32 - with ZERO success ....

Problem is .... I am not allowed to update my drivers directly from NVidia and have to go through Sony for the update ... and they have not got the latest updates for my Video card ....

have been in contact with SOny for this .... to cut a long story short ...

for me to enjoy BMS 4.32 with you all, I have to:

1- Get a new machine

2- Wait for SOny to get back to me on my request to upgrade my drivers

So am unable to join you tonight for the BMS session

Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one ever collided with the sky.

Reds Posted - 13 Oct 2011 : 23:58:41
Tiag , although we had problems tonight i think it went well . There are some issues to sort out but looking at the hardware of the server you've got , as you say it could well be bandwidth errors . We're getting there with BMS and this is the reason we do testing .

tiag Posted - 13 Oct 2011 : 22:44:44
@Floyd: Teamviewer.
All windows 7.

BTW, the test of the server with 8 pilots and one human awacs tonight was crap. Warps and lot of issues.

Two possibilities:
1) The server is **** (which I canīt understand the reason).
2) Someone forgot to put the bandwidth correctly and the cnx got crazy.

Tiag
Griffin Posted - 13 Oct 2011 : 19:24:23
I echo Dmans's sentiments there. It was a really good flight that was a new challenge in planning and flying. If this carries on then AF may well be taking a back seat.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday and what the first official BMS mission will throw at us.

Just make sure your stick is programmed for trim and DMS on top of your usual fare.

185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000