Sunday Mission Synopsis - PUBLIC
 Hold The Line 6 (10th May)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Noodle

UNITED KINGDOM
198 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2020 :  21:08:42  Show Profile Send Noodle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
29th January 1991, Ras Safaniya Airbase, 1030 local.

WEASEL4 - AI 4x F-16C-40
CAJUN1 - AI 4x F-16C-40

Several armored battalions are now holding on the FLOT. WEASEL4 and CAJUN1 are tasked with 2xAI, the goal is to inflict maximum damage to all ground units in our killbox. SA-7, 9 and 13s are expected so we are looking at high altitude bombing profiles.
Even though red air has taken a significant hit in the last few hours, air superiority hasn't been achieved yet. The two flights will need to coordinate air cover.

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4869 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2020 :  22:05:41  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flight Role: AI
Cajun11: "Griffin" AA=0 AG=7 RTB
Cajun12: "Mango" AA=0 AG=4 RTB

MS

Took off and used SP2 to gain altitude. Ingress to target uneventful as skies were fairly quiet.

Weasel 4 were first in for AI and we held at FL260 on CAP. Fully loaded as we were we had difficulty keeping up our speed and altitude.

I nudged Weasel 4 to finish as we were using up too much fuel and needed to complete our attacks.

2 went in first and dropped four instead of the programmed six bombs Mk-20D) off. Spacing was set to 400ft. I came in after him, releasing six bombs.

2 came in again, this time dropping five bombs instead of six! Go figure. My second pass was dry as I turned in too late.

The third pass by 2 was dry but I released my final six bombs. 2 came in again for a final effort as fuel was very low and again he was dry, suspecting hung stores.

I climbed to offer assistance to Weasel in A-A. I came across and engaged SU-25's but Hornets nicked my kill.

All then RTB'd and landed safely.
Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2020 :  07:55:14  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flight Role: AI
Weasel41: "Vosene" AA=0 AG=5 RTB
Weasel42: "Reds" AA=0 AG=6 RTB
Weasel43: “Noodle” AA=0 AG=13 RTB

MS

Plan

Sanitize area on arrival in AO. Handover CAP to Cajun1 then attack ground targets W-E direction. CAP NW-SE once ground attack completed while Cajun1 go AG. Attack profile was a Medium altitude CCRP/CCIP/DTOS with a 16k AGL harddeck due to MANPAD threat. Loadout was 12xMk-20D with centreline tank so fuel saving was required. Drop parameters, ripple 6, single with 500ft spacing, BA of 2000ft.

Execution

Take-off and fuel saving climb before turning in towards target as it was only 55nm away. Bandits near home plate but they were already being engaged so we left them.

Got into AO and #1 and #2 pushed North to sanitize while #3 proceeded to attack. Various bandit groups 40nm to North but all being engaged by other BlueFor. Handed CAP over to Cajun1 and #1 and #2 followed #3 into target. Moving targets in columns oriented N-S and E-W identified. Some dry passes due to cloud forced CCRP engagements. As cloud cleared a little CCIP was used with varying success. Attacks completed with a couple of broken hard decks from #1 and #3 forcing SA-9 evasion. Good SAM call from #3 supporting #1.

On CAP #1 forward, #2 and #3 trail by 15nm. Picked up two groups inbound from North. Left group Su-25, right group strober but no ID. Both declared as hostile. Debrief confirmed right group as Su-24. #1 engaged right group with x1 Slammer B from 20nm, shot trashed. #1 turned cold RTB due to low fuel. #2 also fired, shot trashed, and then RTB’d as well.

#3, supported by Cajun11, deloused. Other Bluefor aircraft also supported the engagement meaning no further shots fired.

Uneventful RTB joining downwind for R30 due to low-fuel.

Lessons

Need to respect the hard deck.

BA should always be set to 3000ft max due to BMS implementation of clusters.

500ft spacing was too close in loft release. Recommend larger distance. Try Max 999ft.

Stream available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/617098318

ACMI in TS 3 Debrief File Browser.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000