on 03 May 2024
 All Forums
 Tactical Engagements, Dogfights & Campaigns
 Sunday Mission Synopsis - PUBLIC
 Lapland Fortress 9 (13th September 2020)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Noodle

UNITED KINGDOM
198 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2020 :  09:35:55  Show Profile Send Noodle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NTO Polar Vortex V2.4

BMS 4.34.4

Objective

185th VFS is tasked to attack several tank battalions in and around the city of Rovaniemi. The city is well heavily defended by SA-6, SA-17 and the usual manpads and shilkas.

Package 3393:
MAKO4 - SEAD
BEAST1 - AI

AO:

MS - at least 16 tank kills and no losses to radar SAMs
PS - at least 12 tank kills, max of one loss to radar SAMs.

https://discordapp.com/channels/533120051415351296/694214058362011758/754621270267789415

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4864 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2020 :  07:54:41  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flight Role - SEAD

Mako41 "Griffin" AA=0, AG=0, RTB
Mako42 "Gekko" AA=0, AG=8, RTB
Mako43 "Noodle" AA=0, AG=0, RTB

MS

A strange one this.

We set off with the aim of supressing the know SA-6 and SA-17 battalions that were briefed as being a potential threat to Beast 1. 1 and 3 loaded with HARMs and 2 with SDBs. Unfortunately the ground crew forgot to fit HTS pods to 1 and 3 (embarrassed cough).

Ingress was a breeze as we have total domination of the skies at the moment. We could concentrate on the potential targets on arrival. 1 was to go in first to search for the SA-6 while trying to bait the sSA-17 for 3 to shoot at. M first shot was in POS mode from the brief but that missed completely. The SA-17s did not take the bait either.

Mean while 2 had found ground target and was engaging launchers. These he thought were a mix of 6 and 17 launchers. We later found out they were all 6's.

1 and 3 went in using HAS mode and I launched at a 17 contact that went quiet after. No joy with that and 3 did not get any shots away at all due to the lack of targets.

I went up to start on our primary CAP zone while 2 finished his attack.

Soon after Beast 1 informed us they were going to their secondary AI location as the targets in the original zone were not those briefed. This area was to the south of the zone. We set up our secondary CAP until we were Bingo and RTB'd.

POST NOTE
On checking the 2D screen the SA-17s were completely gone as was the SA-6, probably finished off by a helicopter attack flight that was in the area.

Go to Top of Page

Fisty

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  15:48:51  Show Profile Send Fisty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flight Role - AI

Beast41 "Fisty" AA=0, AG=6, RTB
Beast42 "Mango" AA=0, AG=5, RTB
Beast43 "Vosene" AA=0, AG=7, RTB
Beast44 "Pegasus" AA=0, AG=0, TECH

Uneventful ingress with us all carrying GBU54s for the dual capability of laser or INS guided depending on whether our targets were moving. We held 20 miles west of our IP, from where we were able to search the target road, but only located a couple of Inf battalions, which were not our targets and not worth dropping the bombs on. Consequently we turned south to the secondary target area, locating 3 battalions of Frog7s. So we dropped on those. This became extremely frustrating as they then merged with friendly ground forces and we basically ran out of enemy targets. So we turned for home (#4 having already left due to a tech). Good overhead break for recovery.

Requesting an adjudication on MS/PS/MF from Sqn command due to the primary targets not being present and that there were no enemy armoured battalions to attack. That said, enemy vehicle destroyed was above the quota set in the briefing (if not the correct target type).

Video from my pit is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soiQEyfu-F0

The 4 things a wingman is allowed to say:

1.Two
2.Lead, you're on fire.
3.I'm bingo fuel.
4.I'll take the fat one.... :/
Go to Top of Page

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4864 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  15:42:21  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've recorded it as an MS.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000