Sunday Mission Synopsis - PUBLIC
 BARCAP Bun Fight (1st March)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2020 :  22:39:47  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BARCAP

Falcon11 “Vosene” RTB A2A 3 A2G 0
Falcon12 “Reds” RTB A2A 3 A2G 0
Falcon13 “Noodle” RTB A2A 2 A2G 0
Falcon14 “Griffin” RTB A2A 2 A2G 0

MS

Planned a Grinder CAP with Raptor Sweep to our West and F-15C BARCAP, Lynx1 to our right.

Ingress was uneventful, although due to the close proximity of the CAP area to home plate we initially departed to the SW to avoid getting bounced while we gained airspeed and altitude.

First CAP orbit was uneventfully. With 2nd element hot they picked up contacts from the North (likely MiG-29 due to direction). As they were North of CAP area they turned cold and handed over to 1st element. Threat was a 4-ship MiG-29S. One element turned back to North so #1 and #2 engaged hot threat element. 1 Slammer shot each and 2x kills. 2nd element now hot but F-22 Sweep to West pushed North and splashed the 2nd MiG-29S element, stealing their glory!

Back on CAP we monitored two groups of MiG-23 being engaged by F-22 sweep to our West and Lynx1 to our right engaging at least one MiG-29A group.

2nd element picked up a 2-ship MiG-29A group hot from the North and once again handed it over the 1st element due to being at the Northern end of the CAP point. Bandits were engaged and splashed with 1 Slammer shot each from #1 and #2. Bandits managed to fire an R-27R at both aircraft but respecting the MAR kept them safe.

RTB was called and 1st element orbited 35nm South of 2nd element for rejoin. As #3 and #4 were proceeding South they got bounced by 4x MiG-29A from the East as Lynx1 had been shot down. A BMS'ism that we were not notified by AWACS that our East flank was no longer protected.

The bandits were split, Northern group 3-ship heavy and a Southern group singleton. #1 directed the 2nd element to turn West away from the threat but, in hindsight, they could have proceeded to engage the Northern Group heavy. #1 and #2 both got a Slammer shot away on the Northern Group with 2 splashes. 1st element then went cold to the SW with Southern group chasing them down.

#3 and #4 were now hot and #3 quickly dispatched the last MiG-29A in Northern group. #1 requesting delouse with Southern group close on his tail and #4 got the kill with 1x Slammer after #3 damaged it with 1x Slammer.

#1 was now down to 1200lbs fuel and handed Lead to #3 and carried out an emergency landing, parking with 700lbs fuel, which could have been a flame-out at any time.

#2, #3 and #4 landed without incident.

Key learning points:

1. Monitor flanks even when protected by friendlies in case of leakers.

2. If hot and threat is within commit range but outside MAR then commit even if bounced.

Pegasus

UNITED KINGDOM
219 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  08:45:12  Show Profile  Send Pegasus an ICQ Message Send Pegasus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do we have a shared storage for ACMI files? I know they can be pretty big. I have a personal Google Drive which I could probably spare 50GB or so.
Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4581 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  11:25:27  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We save the ACMI in Tacview format, which significantly reduces the file size. We usually share the ACMI in the debrief channel of TS. I’m not sure if the Sunday flight was upload as we are currently using the TS backup channel. I’ll upload it for you when I get home today. You just need to jump on TS and download it. If you’d like to host a dedicated ACMI download archive for our official missions then that would be great.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000