New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4858 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  02:09:02  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know I find it amazing that we have so many visitors that don't leave any comments behind after their visits. Why? Therein lies the 64000 dollar question.

I noticed that in the last month Tracer (missing you friend) and PJC have visited but not posted anything. How come fellas? You have been priceless in the insparation you have given to the 185th in the past. Let's hear your wisdom now.

We know you and past members had the best interest of the 185th at heart, so what do we need to concentrate on (in your opinion) in order to keep the 185th alive?

Everybody's thoughts are so important to this thread.

Sabre

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2011 :  20:46:08  Show Profile  Visit Sabre's Homepage  Send Sabre an ICQ Message Send Sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's a drug.. once you have flown multiplayer online, you can't go back, even when you stop you still need to test the habit...smell the jet fuel...

Sabre was here
Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2011 :  23:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI Guys and thnks for those kind words Griffin, nice to see the sqn still going on. Are there any indication that ppl lose interest for the sqn or leave? Or are you meaning you need new inputs to gain more/new pilots?
The first that spring to my mind would be some new and never tried activitys (don't ask me what exactly maybe invite ppl to fly whitout any knowlage online, sell promote the sqn whit any publicicty you can get in any media possible.It would be interesting to hear more in detail status reg pilot numbers and recritment. plz drop me a line

Brgds TRACER

Go to Top of Page

PJC

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2011 :  23:55:16  Show Profile  Send PJC an ICQ Message Send PJC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stress Test this new BMS release for online stability with a many people as you can muster as quickly as you can. If it checks out , move to early adoption and post like crazy all over the flight sims forums with an open invitation to come an join. This release has sparked a lot of old timers to revisit Falcon and there are even fewer active online squadrons around than previously to cater for them.

Email everyone in the historical pilots reserve database (there must be several hundred in there) asking people if they have any interest in flying online again. Ask them directly what would make them consider rejoining. Push the nostalgia button hard. Ask them for a one off fly date for old times sake and then see how many you can retain. (Former COs and XOs included of course). Useful to include a link to this latest BMS release as many will not have been following the Falcon scene as closely as they used to.

Reuse older off the pegg activities such as The Armoured Fist campaign or the 2 v 2 competition which can be rerun with minimal preparation but which will offer significant replayability value.

Do consider organising regular sessions on a voluntary basis (not Sunday) for other flight sims or combat simulators while keeping the Sunday slot for Falcon.

Consider best use of social media for squadron promotion to reach the younger flight sim enthusiast who was only a child when Falcon came out but who wil still embrace the ethos of the squadron if suitably nurtured.

Whatever happens , continue to enjoy your flying.

185th forever

PJC

Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2011 :  16:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What can i say more than I totally agree with PJ in all point he made here an of course (if i can find my cougar ) can make a nostalgia flight with you guys, an excellent point to use social media like FB would catch many younger pilots

Brgds TRACER

Go to Top of Page

Novac

UNITED KINGDOM
1409 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2011 :  20:37:47  Show Profile Send Novac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey,

Tracer, PJ.

Nice to hear from you guys. Bet Ive got more Grey hairs than the both of you since we last met!
I hope life is treating you well.

An old photo on my photo bucket page.

Tracer trying his best to eat breakfast.
RIAT God knows when???

Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2011 :  23:36:48  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is't there a saying that you should eat slowly ? right

brgds TRACER

Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4579 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2011 :  20:03:59  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to hear from you guys. Had a good chuckle when I saw that photo of you tracer, not seen it for years.

Some great ideas but I don't have the time to pull this stuff together. Anyone want to volunteer?

Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2011 :  23:02:57  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all here are Tracer -25kg or 50 lbs I got diabetes 2 for a year
ago and hade to do something radically so I gave up my fishing and started with airsoft which are a adrenaline kick in it self and
a plesant bonus is that you get lot of exercise, when you are hunting down you enemys you can walk or run easyly 20-50 km each time,yes its hurts a lot after but its worth it !!!

Go to Top of Page

Vosene

United Kingdom
4579 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  21:29:16  Show Profile Send Vosene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You forgot to include the black box over your face Tracer.

Go to Top of Page

Sabre

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  21:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Sabre's Homepage  Send Sabre an ICQ Message Send Sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Tracer, major change eh... good on you... I am not going to mention the gun...

Sabre was here
Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2011 :  01:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EEhmm !! I'm not that secret V just an PMC impression on that game

quote:
Originally posted by Vosene

You forgot to include the black box over your face Tracer.

Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2011 :  01:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what ever you do guys don't try the airsoft it even more addictive then flying a simulator belive me!!

Go to Top of Page

Fiero

Poland
252 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2011 :  12:18:58  Show Profile  Send Fiero an ICQ Message Send Fiero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too late for me ;) I have G63K from JG (AEG) and Beretta from KJW as a side arm. Along with CWU 27/p flight suit (yea baby) and FSBE vest.
It's great to here from you again Tracer.

Go to Top of Page

Tracer

Sweden
487 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2011 :  12:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Tracer's Homepage  Send Tracer an ICQ Message Send Tracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Fiero nice to here from you to , ok then you know how damn addictive it's! I don't know how much i spent on airsoft but its alot! anyway the bennefit from playning it's well investe for my health

Go to Top of Page

Ballistic

United Kingdom
767 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2011 :  22:17:55  Show Profile  Send Ballistic an ICQ Message Send Ballistic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear from you Tracer - good on you taking the action to loose those pounds and having fun with it too.

Take care mate

Regards,
Ballistic
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000