Sunday Mission Synopsis - PUBLIC
 Lapland Fortress 3 (2nd August 2020)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Noodle

UNITED KINGDOM
198 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2020 :  20:37:39  Show Profile Send Noodle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NTO Polar Vortex V2.4

BMS 4.34.4

Lapland Fortress Campaign

Enemy SAM defenses are still strong and both SA-10s we have been working on last weeks are full-on operational again.

Objective

Destroy both SA-10 sites and take care of the 2xSA-6 (the W one being the priority).
We have been cleared to employ JASSM to inflict maximum damage on the SAM sites. Harms are also suggested for this mission.

Package 2537
CYBORG7- SEAD 4x F-16C-50
CAJUN4- SEAD 4x F-16C-50
Details of AD and Air threats are in the Strategic Brief. https://discordapp.com/channels/533120051415351296/701343628529762405/734408116774633493

MS for 1 x SA-10 and 1 x SA-6 fully inoperational/flight
PS for 1 x SA-10 and 1 x SA-6 damaged/flight

Weather is fair, scattered cloud at 5,000ft

Sign-up here: https://discordapp.com/channels/533120051415351296/694214058362011758/739205150689984606

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4862 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  08:06:39  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flight Role: DEAD

Cajun41 "Griffin" AA=0 AG=1, RTB
Cajun42 "Mango" Tech
Cajun43 "Vosene" AA=1 AG=1, RTB

MS

1 and 3 took off and climbed to FL320 to attempt to kill the two Flap Lids that had been evading us for so long. 1 took the northern on while 3 targeted the southern. Enemy air was relatively quiet and we had no issues approaching the target.

We did have a SA17 spike to our north, halfway between SPs 5 and 6, but they did not engage us.

While we had the SPs of the two Flap Lids they kindly lit up for us on the HAD and our respective shots killed them. MS.

We had greyed out "6" symbols on the HAD but they did not light up. 1 tried to bait them for 3 to fire at but without success.

After Cyborg completed their attacks we turned for home. We had two MiG29s on our tail so we turned to engage. Both of 1's missiles fell short but 3 had a kill.

As they ended up in a fight with Grippens we turned for home and a safe landing.
Go to Top of Page

Fisty

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  00:23:53  Show Profile Send Fisty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flight Role: DEAD

Cyborg71 "Fisty" AA=0 AG=12, RTB
Cyborg72 "Noodle" AA=0 AG=7, RTB

MS

Formation take-off led to an uneventful ingress, we held at STP 5 at FL250 for Cajun to call us forward once the target Flaplids were down. From there we stripped to our respective targets, put the thing on the thing and pressed the thing, launching at 55Nm from target. Held a CAP for a couple of rotations to make sure the missiles didn't de-agg, then called Miller Time and RTB. A combat descent from 30Nm to Homeplate made for an interesting recovery with an O/Head Break, which #1 slightly over-cooked but recovered in plenty of time to make it a comfortable landing. Excellent formation flying and position holding by Noodle, with good comms between the flights made it an easy run. The result was one SA-10 seriously bloodied and the other almost wiped out. Should create a path into the AO for subsequent strikes.

MS

The 4 things a wingman is allowed to say:

1.Two
2.Lead, you're on fire.
3.I'm bingo fuel.
4.I'll take the fat one.... :/
Go to Top of Page

Noodle

UNITED KINGDOM
198 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  08:52:01  Show Profile Send Noodle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/698402462

Fisty, are you sure you are not interested in streaming on Twitch?
I'd really like to try https://multistre.am/ :)
Go to Top of Page

Pegasus

UNITED KINGDOM
219 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  09:18:05  Show Profile  Send Pegasus an ICQ Message Send Pegasus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"put the thing on the thing and pressed the thing"

Hope you remembered to switch on the thing, and configure the thing :D

Go to Top of Page

Griffin

UNITED KINGDOM
4862 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  10:38:17  Show Profile Send Griffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was quite happy with my thing placing and pressing. Just the Mark point thing let me down but I found some useful vid thingies on YouThing yesterday, based on 4.32. As long as 4.34 is the same I'll be happy.

I also flew a follow up mission yesterday to attack an airbase. Unfortunately the Reds threw every plane they had up into the air and I didn't make it that far out of the Patriot zone. What was really worrying was that the Patriots didn't engage the enemies when they entered the kill zone. Have they run out of sticks to throw?
Go to Top of Page

Pegasus

UNITED KINGDOM
219 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  12:55:50  Show Profile  Send Pegasus an ICQ Message Send Pegasus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Griffin
Have they run out of sticks to throw?

Can SAM battalions run out of things? I flew a single player mission recently where I was being a cocky-little-so-and-so and dodging SA2 thing after thing. I know they only have 6 things loaded in a battalion and when they went quiet I thought all was well. A few minutes later they started throwing more things at me! I guess there is a reload timer for them? Perhaps the number of trucks in the battalion determine their supply level?

Go to Top of Page

Fisty

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  13:01:37  Show Profile Send Fisty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Noodle. I don't know anything about twitch. TBH the only reason I stream my pit to Youtube is so I can self-critique my flights afterwards or pick up any mistakes from the pit.

The 4 things a wingman is allowed to say:

1.Two
2.Lead, you're on fire.
3.I'm bingo fuel.
4.I'll take the fat one.... :/
Go to Top of Page

Noodle

UNITED KINGDOM
198 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  14:35:29  Show Profile Send Noodle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not much to know about, OBS does the job anyway. You just need an account to link it to.
Let me know if you are interested for next Sunday mission.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000