on 02 May 2024
 All Forums
 Members - General
 185th News and Events - PUBLIC
 Who is the best 4 ship team in the 185th?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJC

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2003 :  23:16:02  Show Profile  Send PJC an ICQ Message Send PJC a Private Message
I am pleased to announce that Command have decided to start the New Year with a midweek competition open to all 185th members to find out.

Competition will run over 8 weeks based on the Clawhammer series of missions , 1 mission each week to be flown from the series in order.

The first mission will be flown on Wednesday 7th January 2004 at 21:00 hrs GMT and at the same time every Wednesday thereafter. Teams will meet up using the squadron website chat. Missions can be flown at other times by mutual arrangement, however we would encourage you to stick to this time if at all possible.

Teams can comprise of any 4 pilots from the current 185th roster. Each team will nominate a leader and choose a distictive team name. To enter simply post your team name here, giving the names of the 4 pilots in your team and nominate a leader. Closing date for entries, 21:00 hrs Monday 5th January 2004.

The Clawhammer series of missions is a fair test of teamwork and flying skill, covering almost all of the mission types available in Falcon 4 so there is something in there for everyone.

Each team will submit screenshots of debrief/recon screens to myself after flying the missions in support of their achievements set against the mission objectives. Points will be awarded each week according to the following criteria:-

Mission Success 20
Mission Partial 10
Mission Failure 0
RTB intact 5 per aircraft
Attendence Bonus 5 per seat filled
Individual kills 1 per kill converted to negative points if pilot fails to return to base.

I will send the mission briefs and mission tac files on Monday of each week to the nominated team leaders. Team leaders will take responsibility for distibuting the brief among their team and choosing a host for their group. Please bear in mind that the Clawhammer missions are more complex than our regular weekly TEs, therefore a fast host or dedicated server is strongly recommended.

Deadline for submission of screenshots is 23.00 hrs GMT each Thursday. No points will be awarded without the relevant screenshots to support your achievements. I will post a weekly update on Friday so you can follow your teams progress.

The team that has the most points at the end of the last mission wins.

Enjoy the competition in the best spirit of the 185th, good luck to you all, may the best team win.

PJC
OPS Officer

Tracer CO
Devil XO

Ballistic

United Kingdom
767 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  12:56:11  Show Profile  Send Ballistic an ICQ Message Send Ballistic a Private Message
Blue Eagles will certainly be entering a Team - I just need to confirm which pilots will fly.

This is a Great idea
Go to Top of Page

Sabre

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  22:26:17  Show Profile  Visit Sabre's Homepage  Send Sabre an ICQ Message Send Sabre a Private Message
BUMP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
185th VFS © 2000-2018 185th VFS Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000